January 8, 2017
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 pound chorizo, andouille sausage or smoked ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
- 4 cups long grain Carolina style white rice, cooked
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and celery and sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and chorizo, continue sautéing until meats are nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, chicken broth, tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, and thyme. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes until meats are cooked through and liquid has reduced.
- Add cooked shrimp and parsley, stir well, and heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Let the jambalaya rest 10 minutes before serving. Serve over white rice.
Copyright 2017 Eat! Be Mary! Inc. All Rights Reserved