June 12, 2016
Makes: 2 pie crusts
- 2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) plus 2 T. cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c. ice water
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle water 1 T. at a time over flour mixture, tossing lightly with a fork until mixture forms an even dough.
- Divide dough in half; flatten and shape into disks, and wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll pastry into 12” to 14” circle on a lightly floured surface. Carefully fold in quarters, lift gently and unfold into a 9” non-stick pie pan.
- Gently press pastry against bottom and sides of pan. Trim overhang to 1/2″, then fold the edge under. Pinch edges to flute. Fill with Cheery Cherry pie filling or one of your other favorites!